We've Finally Boarded the HD Wagon

Thursday, September 4

This was my birthday gift to Brian this year. It was either this or a cruise. And since our old tv was starting to get fine white lines at the top of the screen I thought this would be the more practical choice. It's HD. And oh, how lovely it is. We get a kick out of switching the channels back and forth from normal tv to hdtv. Here's the Phillies in hd....but LOOK....here's the Phillies in noormall tv. Ugh. How did we ever survive?!

I went to Best Buy to pick up this tv and had a minor ordeal. Since, of course, I couldn't tell Brian about the surprise, I had to go to the store alone. I pulled the car up to the front where a brawny warehouse employee came out with my tv on a dolley. However, after many attempts we soon discovered that the box was not going to fit in the car. I then had the brilliant idea to remove the tv from the box and slide it in. He then informed me that he could not help me in any way if I was going to take it out of the box. Ugh. So....in front of the store....all 105 lbs of me had to open (without a knife) the box, then lift the 40" flatscreen into my car while all the Best Buy employees stood inside watching the spectacle.

One, Geek Squad guy coming into work insisted on helping me but was quickly thwarted by one of the other employees who promptly ran out and informed him that he could NOT help. I thanked him for being SUCH a gentleman. Overall, I guess I understand why they have that policy but as a customer, is it really worth having people struggle in the front of your store while you all stand inside watching? How must *that* have looked?

No comments: