I myself have 12 hats, and each one represents a different personality

Sunday, March 9

I don't know why, but for some reason I cannot get enough knit hats in the shape of fruits and vegetables. It tickles me pink to see my 3-year-old with a strawberry for a head. To further feed my fruit addiction I found Knitty Bitty Apparel.
This etsy shop offers handmade knit hats in the shape of fruit, flowers, cupcakes, etc. Not to mention matching mittens. If you are more ambitious you can try and knit one of these yourself. Here is a pattern for a strawberry hat: The Golden Fleece Strawberry Hat
If you don't know how to knit this site is great for starters: Knitting Help. It has videos of all the knitting techniques which is necessary when starting from scratch. The bottom picture is a strawberry hat I knitted a year ago (my very first project).












































My first encounter with knitting. Lily's first encounter with
shame.


1 comment:

nathalie bearden said...

THESE are too cute Kathleen!!! You just gave me a grand idea. These hats would be great for a halloween matching tutu. Like for example, a green and red tutu for the watermelon hat. or a black and yellow for the bumblebee! Love them all!!!!!!!! Welcome to the world of blogging!