If your cheese doesn't stink it's not 'real' cheese

Thursday, May 7

Do any of you like soft cheese? I find soft cheese lovers are quite few and far between.

In a desperate attempt to share my love of cheese I've turned my four-year old daughter into one.


A soft cheese lover, that is.

She lovingly refers to it as 'stinky cheese' and hides it from grandma (also a soft cheese lover) whenever I bring it home.

She and I both LOVE LOVE LOVE this special cheese that you can't find anywhere but in this tiny German shop down the street from our house. It's called cambozola and if you love soft cheese....go forth and FIND IT! Like now.

It's actually a combination of a French soft-ripened triple cream cheese and Italian Gorgonzola. But I like to say it's something between brie and blue cheese and tastes best when its been sitting in your fridge for a week or so.

Please, give cheese a chance!

Oh, I'm sorry, I had to end on a pun.

8 comments:

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Looks like your cute little one
is enjoyig the cheese even if
she refers to it as stinky
cheese.lol!

One of my dgrmas use to eat
limburger cheese. Now that
is stinky cheese too!

I wrote the cheese down to
see if I can find it around
here.

I do like soft cheeses.

God Bless You and Yours!!!

Cheilita said...

oh yes, let's so eat cheese together. actually there is a cheese shop 30 minutes from here that i am really anxious to go to. perhaps we should take a field trip and then immediately picnic on our purchases?

Shiriously said...

If you're around a Trader Joe's, they sell Cambozola there. So good!

Deece said...

My four year old daughter and I love soft, stinky cheeses! Katelyn has not met a cheese she didn't like. Seriously. She thoroughly enjoys garlic cheddar. Thankfully, the only shop on island where these delightful cheeses are available is just down the road from our house...where my tropical fruit jams are also available. :)

Jessica K. said...

I LOVE all kinds of cheeses that stink! I live in Germany and cheese here is cheaper than in the states and better!! We get ours from our neighbours the french or from Italy! Seriously SOOOO YUMMY!!!

A Little Diddy said...

I love stinky cheeses. My husband knows I'd take cheese as a dessert above anything else. One of my favorite restaurants in Japan serves an amazing dessert cheese tray. My boys would rather eat the crackers that accompany said cheese. That's okay. Maybe in time.

sutros said...

A good story

GK Chesterton: “The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese.”

Voila: www.tastingtoeternity.com. This book is a poetic view of 30 of the best loved French cheeses with an additional two odes to cheese. Recipes, wine pairing, three short stories and an educational section complete the book.

From a hectic life on Wall Street to the peace and glories of the French countryside lead me to be the co-founder of www.fromages.com. Ten years later with the words of Pierre Androuet hammering on my brain:

“Cheese is the soul of the soil. It is the purest and most romantic link between humans and the earth.”

I took pen and paper; many reams later with the midnight oil burning Tasting to Eternity was born and self published.

I believe cheese and wine lovers should be told about this publication.

Enjoy.

Hélène Deroubaix said...

ehe it's rare to see American loving cheese:)) and even children eating it!!
I also hope to share my love for cheese with my daughter:) it's so tasty!
you have to try cook a maroilles pie if you ever can find maroilles there, it's a specialties of where I come from( north of France) :)
it's super delicious but yeaaah God it stinks and your whole house smells it after;)