Every fairy princess needs her wand

Wednesday, March 12

I know that it's four months away but the party planner in me just can't wait. I've been mulling over birthday party ideas for Lily's fourth birthday. I had thought of a fantasy teaparty theme in which I could buy plastic cowboy hats and water pistols for the boys and make simple tutus and ribbon wands for the girls. I found a great etsy shop that sells the wands but I think I'm going to attempt to make them myself depending on the cost. I looked *everywhere* including dance shops but no one locally sells ribbon wands. Am I wrong, but I remember these being fairly popular as a child? Maybe they were more of an 80s thing? Here are the wands sold at the etsy shop: The Ribbon Wands Shop
























Ooo so smackridge (my made-up adjective for "eye candy"). I will post my own version later today.......

Okay here it is. My version of the etsy wands. Pretty close?




6 comments:

Summer said...

I loved ribbon wands when I was a little girl. I kept an awesome red and black one that I hung on my dorm room wall as a decoration.

Kari said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words. Love these wands. Ok, how did you make yours??
Kari

Kim said...

I have seen these in that exact ETSY shop..so do tell! How did ya do it!!??

Merry Medley said...

Lovely wands! Where did you get the printed dowels from? Or did you make them? They both look so pretty, I'd love to my a couple for my little ones.
Looking forward to your response :) Thanks.

Grosgrain said...

I looked EVERYWHERE for printed dowel rods to no avail. So I bought some striped paper from the craft store, cut it to fit to the paper and then some, then sprayed aerosol glue on the back and rolled it onto the dowel rod.

Shayna @ Texas Monkey said...

I just love these, did you just glue satin ribbon and wrap it around the wand? I'd love to make some for an upcoming party. How much ribbon did one wand use?